Field Manager – Asbestos Division
enviroPhase, a leading Dallas based environmental consulting firm, is seeking a Field Manager to manage and operate our Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) division. The qualified candidate will be a hands-on inspector who is dedicated to completing assigned tasks with precision and accuracy both in terms of physical duties, and in documentation.
This position is for a licensed Asbestos Management Planner to manage all aspects of an Asbestos project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. Responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a high sense of personal accountability. Able to work with minimal oversight but take direction from Program Management.
- Lead the growth of the asbestos division thru engagement in sales & marketing, business development, strategic partnerships, and referrals. As the division grows, recruit and build out a regional team of ACM inspectors that would report in to this role.
- Create proposals for surveys, including sampling estimates based on publicly available documents, i.e. appraisal, maps, aerial and street views.
- Perform visual inspections and sampling for asbestos-containing material in accordance with AHERA, TDSHS and OSHA guidelines, including chain of custody documents and final reports.
- Facilitate timely transport of material samples and documents to the lab for testing and analysis.
- Analyze project requirements, perform calculations, prepare reporting and complete deliverable.
- Coordinate the activities of outside contractors to ensure they are integrated into the project.
- Perform project management oversight for asbestos abatement projects.
- Adhere to strict safety, QA/QC standards and maintaining quality standards on all projects
- Deliver projects within approved scope, budget and deadlines; Identify, resolve, and/or escalate operational problems and minimize delays.
- Attend industry training and seminars to stay abreast of regulatory changes.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university, or successfully complete 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university is required.
- TDSHS Asbestos Management Planner License (Required);
- TDSHS Lead Inspector Certification is a plus
- TDLR Mold Assessment Technician/Consultant is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Personal vehicle for regional travel. Valid driver’s license with no or minimum history of moving violations.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed based on requirements.
- Ability to travel, at times on short notice, by personal vehicle or air travel primarily within the State of Texas but at times out of state.
- The employee must be able to lift-and-carry up to 50lbs for short distances, potentially work in humid, hot and cold conditions as well as work at heights (including use of 24’ ladders) and in close spaces.
- Monitor asbestos related abatement activities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and personal time management. Ability to successfully balance competing priorities and schedules that can change frequently.
Apply for this position