EnviroPhase, a dynamic Dallas based environmental consulting firm, is seeking an Environmental Technician to support asbestos project work with the Industrial Hygiene division. Pursuant to certification(s), candidate will be responsible for conducting asbestos surveys, air monitoring and project oversight. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a high sense of personal accountability, and upon direction from supervisors possess ability to work with minimal oversight. Preference for those based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area but will consider candidates in other parts of Texas.
- Conduct asbestos surveys on commercial/industrial properties, submit results for laboratory testing, and prepare summary of findings report
- Monitor asbestos related abatement activities; collect and obtain analysis of area/personnel air samples for exposure monitoring
- Ability to travel up to 50% from time-time, but typically travel would be within DFW
Desired Skills & Background
- Preference for prior asbestos survey, air monitoring experience and requisite certification(s), but will consider new candidates for a training program.
- Extremely responsive with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, and comfortable engaging with clients, partners and peers by phone or face-face.
- Working knowledge of email and basic Microsoft Office.
- Effective time management and planning skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Candidate must be able to lift-and-carry for short distances up to 50 pounds
- At times, this position requires the employee to work in humid, hot and cold conditions as well as work at heights and in close spaces. This position requires frequent ladder use, including the use of 24′ extension ladders.