EnviroPhase, a dynamic Dallas based environmental consulting firm, is seeking an Environmental Technician to support asbestos testing and abatement consulting project work within the Industrial Hygiene division. Pursuant to certification(s), candidate will be responsible for conducting asbestos surveys, project design & specifications, air monitoring and project oversight.
Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, high sense of personal accountability, and upon direction from supervisors possess ability to work with minimal oversight. Preference for those based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area but will consider candidates in other parts of Texas.
- Conduct asbestos surveys on commercial/industrial properties, submit results for laboratory testing, and prepare summary of findings report
- Monitor asbestos related abatement activities; collect and obtain analysis of area/personnel air samples for exposure monitoring
- Ability for regional travel up to 50%, but typically travel would be within DFW
Desired Skills & Background
- Prior asbestos survey, air monitoring experience and requisite current state certification(s); will consider new candidates for a training program.
- Extremely responsive with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, and comfortable engaging with clients, partners and peers by phone or face-face.
- Working knowledge of email and basic Microsoft Office.
- Effective time management and planning skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history.
Requires ability to conduct regional site visits and support abatement consulting projects with personal vehicle. Overnight stays may be required. Most travel is concentrated in base area (DFW) area but occasional to other areas with expenses reimbursed. Use of reliable personal vehicle is required with mileage reimbursed at published government rates. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and sufficient levels of personal insurance coverage.
Field assignments are located in a variety of diverse climates consistent with TX weather. Candidate must be able to lift-and-carry for short distances up to 50 pounds. At times, this position requires the employee to work in humid, hot and cold conditions as well as work at heights and in close spaces. This position requires frequent ladder use, including the use of 24′ extension ladders.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary plus bonus plan. Flexible remote work environment with limited in-office time, plus paid time off and company holidays. Home office deduction. Health insurance and cell phone stipend. Company furnished laptop.